Saturday, October 8, 2011

Long Time No Write

Thanks to all the folks that have been inquiring about me! I feel as though this ectopic pregnancy, while in numbers is over, and emotionally, I am ok with it, it will physically be sticking with me for a while longer. After that initial stabbing pain episode last month, I experienced 2 more incredibly painful episodes- the last one occurring in the middle of the night, reducing me to such a puddle of delirium on the floor, I could not even muster enough sense to whisper to Mindi that I needed help. She awoke to the sound of small, chattering sobs, and found me on my knees at the side of the bed, shaking. I have given birth now to two children without any pain medication, and I have to say that the pain of this ectopic pregnancy proved to be far worse than the pain of labor. Following midnight emergency phone calls, more blood draws and a few more ultrasounds, my last ultrasound and blood draw were completed this last Thursday. Finally, my HcG level was down to 0.5 (negative-finally!). The ultrasound, however, showed a mass. The mass was of decent size- picture a jumbo marble. That mass, was, or, is, rather- the ectopic pregnancy. I saw it clear as day on the monitor. There was nothing distinct about it really- no detail of any sort, just a solid blob. My RE says that it should simply reabsorb over time. It still hurts. Every day it hurts. Physically, I mean. Like, well, TMI ALERT whenever I have to poop or if I have to pee. It hurts. Bad. But, the numbers show that the HcG levels are down, so it will not get any bigger... that is a relief I guess... sortof. I asked the sonographer for a picture of what I was seeing because, believe it or not, I really wanted to post it here on my blog. It was quite an interesting view, what with a weird blob, pictured right next to my polycystic ovary. They looked so cozy together... Sigh. I left without the picture- she said she would have to clear it with the doctor, and that she would mail it to me if it was approved.

So where does this leave me now? Well, I asked the doc how long he thought it might take for the blob to be reabsorbed, and he said maybe 4 to 6 more weeks. I really hope the pain doesn't stick around for that long- that would, essentially make this whole process last for... 3 whole months.... jeeeezus!

3 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. I seriously ache for you and hope you can get through this in one piece. It sounds like you have a rock to lean on in Mindi. Prayers your way for strength for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this miscarriage is STILL dragging on. That much be really frustrating on a lot of levels. Sending good karmic vibes your way....

    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear from you! I'm sorry to hear that you're still suffering from this. Sending strength and good vibes your way! :-)

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin