Monday, September 5, 2011

Have a Miscarriage? Paint a room!

Well, that is what I do anyway... you might call it "reverse nesting" if you will! Finally, my last blood test came back looking good. After a ridiculous number of blood tests and doctors appointments, my mystery pregnancy is finally resolving itself! How do I choose to celebrate? I paint a room that is looong overdue for painting!! Our dining room wall was painted a blue color by the previous owners. The blue was not unattractive, but it was in need of repair due to some bumps and scrapes, and we did not have the paint to touch it up. Additionally, we wanted to make it ours, so we are looking at new color options! I got on a painting kick, and now I just can't stop! Unfortunately, when I went to Home Depot today to buy more No-VOC Fresh Aire Paint in "Distant Star"for my ceilings, I realized that they had stopped carrying the brand! GASP!! Dearl Lord... now what?! Well, now I will whip out my can that remains, and match a swatch to Kelly-Moore brand, which also has a really great VOC-free paint.The current count is 9 color samples sitting on my windowsill that have been nixed from the color-running! I have a list of about 7 more samples that I will pick up tomorrow!. I will be sure I show some bfore and after pictures when it is done!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry again for the m/c you experienced. Being creative and painting seems like a positive way to release some negative/sad emotions. I am very excited to see the before/after pics. We get to Seattle in a few weeks, so if you ever need help painting let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Be careful what you wish for Carrie! I have a lot of surfaces that need painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything happens for a reason :) Wish you all the best! :)
    Listen, I wanted to exchange links with you. What do you say? You can visit mine and tell me what you think about it. Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for you for painting! We did half the painting before we moved in and said oh we'll finish the rest over the course of the next few months.... 4 years later haven't picked up a brush ;)

    Hope you are feeling better.

    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there- I realized I hadn't seen one of your blog posts in a while and I started wondering how you were doing. Thought I'd check in and see. I hope you are starting feeling better <3 Your friend in blogland, Abby
    www.twoninas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took have checked back and am so sorry to see so long with no post - I hope you are doing ok and recovering...

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin