Wednesday, August 3, 2011

About Being Pregnant

I realize that I very much glazed over the whole "getting pregnant" part of the announcement. As I mentioned before, I wasn't going to share at all until I was into my second trimester, but then I felt like I wanted my community (all you guys!) with me the whole time, then I regretted saying anything for some reason, maybe fear? (Of something? Who knows what?) Now I am back to being happy that I announced it. LOL Still with me here folks? Oh, the mind games I drag you through sometimes... I realized that it was important for me to share this part of our journey, if for no other reason than that this is, as I have mentioned before, my online diary for myself- with a public audience. Soooooo... Phew. That made me out of breath!

We did a frozen embryo transfer via IVF. I didn't really feel like it was a big deal- I wasn't jumping up and down with excitement each step of the way- not because I wasn't excited to have another child, but I would have to admit that, being 2 women, our method of getting pregnant is far more lack luster than other methods I can think of! Also, it is number 3. The first through 5th times we went into the doctor's office for our inseminations while trying to become pregnant with Harris were very exciting. We were all giddy with the possibilities, and every new appointment was full of wonder! I even remember being excited to be stuck with the big needles full of the HcG hormone. The novelty wore off pretty quickly after that, however, and getting pregnant had become just a series of doctor's appointments.

I was very stoked when the nice lady from the lab called t tell me that I was, indeed pregnant. After my sleepy haze wore off, I was drunk with excitement. The [hormone level] numbers, however, were on the low end. She followed that up by saying that it was not uncommon to have lower initial numbers (mine was 46) with a frozen embryo cycle. I kept myself pretty quiet about it since I wanted to wait until my next blood draw (2 days later) to see how much my numbers had gone up. She said that they wanted the number to at least double. 48 hours later, my numbers had about tripled to 161. I felt very relieved to say the least. My ivf coordinator requested that I go in for 1 more blood draw to check the numbers tomorrow morning, so Harris, Stella, and myself are going to trek on downtown again. I have my first ultrasound scheduled for 2 weeks from today! I feel relieved. In an effort to help it be more real I peed on some left over pregnancy tests that I had stashed away, and snapped a few token pictures of those beautiful, BEAUTIFUL positive pregnancy tests.

BEHOLD THE GLORY!


P.S. My hand and tummy are totally fine now. I had 100% plans to go to my doctor after a certain amount of time elapsed. Luckily for me, just before said time elapsed, my stings totally calmed down. Thanks for your well wishes and suggestions, and I will definitely be staying away from any wasps that I see! That is, of course, unless they stupidly decide to make their nest under the path of my lawn mower.... grumble grumble... 

4 comments:

  1. it is a great pleasure for a women to get pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new babe on the way!! Sorry about the stings and Benedryl that distracted from the initial excitement and glad that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin