Friday, July 15, 2011

Sharing is Caring right?

So.. let's see. I don't even know where I left off in life since my posting has been somewhat sporadic lately! We just got back from a week long cruise on the Allure of the Seas through Royal Caribbean cruise lines. The cruise was amazing, the ship was amazing, the kids activities and programs were great, and we got to know some new relatives a lot better. It really was a fantastic vacation. I would like to round up some photos to post in the not too distant future.

There was another camping trip thrown in there for good measure before the cruise vacation, and I would like to write about that too.

I just read about the DHA put in baby formula being bad. I am not going to go into it here, but here is the link if you would like to read more... http://www.safbaby.com/false-claims-that-dha-in-organic-and-non-organic-infant-formula-is-safe

And last but not least, I wanted to share something else that is personal in nature. Now, when we started this whole "thing", I decided to keep it mostly under wraps. I didn't feel like being as outward with it. But as the time grows nearer, I am finding myself desiring to share. Next Thursday, we are going in to do an IVF frozen embryo transfer. We have been "working" on this cycle for about a month now, and it is almost time! Thinking back to the last time we did IVF and got Stella out of the deal, I was never nervous or concerned (minus that little 8 week spotting incident) that there would not be a baby at the end. This time, however, I am nervous that an embryo might not "take" the first time around. Frozen embryos aren't quite as strong as fresh I guess. It would totally bum me out because 1. I want to get pregnant now 2. this shit is expensive man! and 3. The suspense is killing me! After 2 labor intensive efforts at getting pregnant with my last 2, I am ready to just be pregnant already. But, good things come to those who wait I guess, right?

Anyone else out there going through an IVF cycle now or soon?

4 comments:

  1. Your recent vacations sound really fun! And I am so excited for your upcoming FET! I want you to be the easily pregnant on the first round lady. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Vacations and kidlets...I'm not doing an FET right now, but we are in the midst of preparations for a gestational carrier FET, as I was diagnosed with breast cancer last fall and our plans took a little side-road. :) so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your FET! I really do think that once your body has been pregnant once or twice something kicks in and it just knows what to do!

    It took me 6 years to get pregnant with DD#2. (DP had DD#1). This time around we decided to try one last time for #3. It worked and initially we were pregnant with triplets - after transferring 3 embryos.

    Good luck!

    Two Mamas
    Chiutenblack.com

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin