Sunday, July 31, 2011

More Wasp Goodness

Continuing on from yesterday, when I was attacked by the wasps... I thought that the swelling in my hand would have gone down by morning. I was up all night with intense itchiness in my hands and on my tummy. When I say intense, I mean it was severe. I was tossing and turning all night and on the verge of tears. When I got up this morning, my hand was even more swollen, and the red ring of death (as I like to call it) on my tummy was twice the size that it was the night before. Looking down at my hands, my fingers looked like fat little sausages... mmmm... sausages.... up to my first knuckle. I was miserable. We tried vinegar and baking soda (what a surprise!) since we read that vinegar could help to neutralize the venom, and that a paste of baking soda was soothing. I don't think the vinegar helped me much, but I am giving it another try as I type this with 2 cloths wet with vinegar sitting on my sore spots. The baking soda was quite soothing, but after I rinsed it off, the effects were gone as well. I tried taking a little bit of benadryl to help the swelling go down. All the benadryl seemed to do was make me sleepy. So sleepy, in fact, that when I was awoken by the lady from the lab, calling to tell me that I was pregnant, my response was, well, you could say, less than enthusiastic. "Oh yeh? Mmmm yeh, that sounds great. Tuesday for another blood draw? *Yawn* Sure, what time?" Ok, see you then." Click.

...
...
I barley had the energy to text mindi downstairs, the word "Pregnant".

She seemed to have plenty of energy, however, when she came bounding up the stairs, full of love and lots of kisses for my sleepy self!

Woohoo! Cross your fingers that this little embryo sticks!!!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news!! So excited for you two. :)

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! (on the baby, not on the wasp stings!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Awesome news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! Fingers crossed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap! How awesome!! (Pregnant, NOT WASPS!).
    I am crossing my fingers it sticks around for 9 months AND you feel better very soon!!! Woo hoo! I'm so stoked for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't want to be all alarmist about the WASP bites, but I am allergic to them and have to stick myself when I get bit. I was allergic to them when I was younger, it just about from being bit to many times. The swollen hands and belly that are hanging in there are not giving me a sense of this is under control. Did you call your doctor? I did not read where you said you did anywhere? Did you maybe call your doctor and say, hey I am newly pregnant and having allergic reactions to multiple bee stings. Being afraid of WASPs...the flying kind and the White Anglo Saxonton kind...I would just sort of maybe get more of a checkout than just hey this hurts, but it will eventually stop. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin