Monday, April 11, 2011

Imi Ami Ama

Many people ask me what our kids are calling us, being that we could both answer to "Mom". Well, I know I have mentioned this before, but we chose the words "Mommy" for Mindi, and "Ima" (pronounced ee-ma) for me (Lynn). Ima, is actually the Yiddish term for Mother, so we thought it was nice. Obviously, Harris has been calling me Ima for a long time now, but now that Stella has been kickin' it up a notch in terms of talking, she is trying reeeeeally hard to get our names down! Just the other day, she finally figured out the proper way to say "Mommy", but she is still having trouble with "Ima". I can't complain, however, because it is so friggin adorable to watch her sit on the floor, look up at me, and say "ee-mee! aaaaa-me! aaaaaa-maaa!" In all different cobinations, trying so hard to put together the 2 simple sounds of "ee" and "ma".

1 comment:

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin