Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Stop It!

I am an open-door lover. No, I don't mean that I am into menage trois, I just mean I don't like closed doors, unless it is a closet door. I feel like energy needs to flow through rooms, and it can't do that if you have a lazy door that likes to linger in the "not quite open" position. Harris' bedroom door is of the lazy kind. I couldn't take it any more, so I made a door stop! It is nothing more than leftover painter's dropcloth, filled with dried beans, and it works like a charm. I even sewed a little handle on it to make it easier to pick up when it was time to be moved, and wouldn't you know it, it ended up being the perfect sized handle to store the stop on the door handle when not in use! I would love to put some cute embroidery on it at some point as well. And yes, that is Stella, raiding her big brother's toys!




1 comment:

  1. Lazy doors... ugh, we have a few too! I like your creation! I could so see my trio having lots of fun playing with it :) And of course, the doors would remain half open. LOL

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin