Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Something Crafty!



I know that I was just whining and complaining about the fact that I have been feeling not-so-crafty lately, but I just stumbled across a picture that reminded me that I had something I wanted to share!! I am going to mention my friend Kat here again... not because I am secretly infatuated with her, and no, she is not my roommate, or my long lost sister, or my second cousin twice removed that thinks she is my sister... We hang out once a week, and our babies were born 2 days apart, so uh... yeh. ANYWAYS, we held Stella's birthday party on Arden's birthday, and vice versa! Well, since I am a big fan of handmade, I decided to make little Arden a play kitchen. I knew, however, that space was limited, so I created a fabric play kitchen that could be rolled up and stored when not in use, as well as taken along with the family on car trips and the like! I think her mamas liked it, and it was a blast to make!



I was very excited to use some mini rainbow fabric that I have had in my stash for a few months. I bought it on a whim and have been saving for the perfect project. This one totally fit the bill! The top in cream canvas with black burners, embroidered to look like they are hot hot hot! The "sink" which, unfortunately doesn't show up very well in the photo is made of a vinyl, and I embroidered "hot" and "cold" onto the faucet handles.


I am tempted to make some more of these cuties!

2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! We had been wondering what we would do in our tiny apartment for a play kitchen (if we ever actually manage to have a child), and I had never considered an option like this. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! We turned an old nightstand into a play kitchen for our toddler, since space is tight for us too. This is brilliant! (By the way, my wife just turned me on to your blog - your family is adorable and your stories are oh so close to home.) :)

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin