Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend Roundup

So, our goals for this weekend were to:

1. assemble and put in our "built in" storage unit
2. add extra support around the new faucet plumbing
3. frame out the shampoo cubbies for the tub/shower surround
4. put up the cement board around the tub

We were on a roll for a while there, but then we started stumbling at the end. I had looked up the easiest ways to cut cement board, so in theory, I knew what I had to do, but man that stuff is a pain in the ass to work with. First of all, it is HEAVY. I mean, it makes sense, it is cement board after all. Then, it is supposed to be as easy as "scoring and snapping!" but it took a lot more scoring than I expected to get it to break cleanly. I am use to cutting drywall, which is a snap. This was not nearly as fun. *Helpful hint- a chisel and hammer come in handy! We managed to get get 1 wall of cement board up, minus the little shampoo nook. Please, don't mind the casualty half way down- luckily, it will be covered by pristine white tile...


Harris was a great helper when it came to finishing the storage cabinet assembly!

Helper Harris from Lynn L on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive. We're looking at a similar bathroom remodel in the next year or so, I'll be bookmarking this...and any follow-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you girls seriously rock my socks. i'm hitting you up for tips when it's time to tile my bathroom!

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin