Saturday, January 30, 2010

Put a Ring On It

We are (well, at least I am, and Mindi is supportive of my desires) in the "no tv" camp. I am not going to say that Harris has never set his eyes on a television, however, he has never watched a "tv show". The only things he has seen on a tv are a few, select educational videos with music in Hebrew. - Side note, we really LOVE these videos (the OY Baby 2 video is better than OY Baby 1 video IMO), and Harris has learned a lot from them. I do not typically have my computer on in his presence either. Yesterday, however, I had my laptop open on the kitchen counter. Harris was restless, and frankly, driving me bonkers. Since he loves his guitar so much, I decided to find a few clips of people playing acoustic guitars on YouTube. It was love at first sight for Harris.

Today, when I went off to the grocery store to pick up some things for our Tu B'Shevat Seder (Check out the concept even if you are not a Jew- it is a neat celebration even if you only take the concept and make it your own with your kids), Mindi did a webcam session for Grammy with Harris and Stella. Naturally, after the video session ended, Harris wanted to "watch guitar". Mommy decided to look in my history to see what guitar clips we had watched, and somewhere, buried in clip after clip of acoustic guitar music, Mommy spotted Beyonce's "Single Ladies" deep in the depths of my YouTube History... With a chuckle, she started the clip, and it was all over from there. Every 5 minutes for the next few hours, the house was alive with the sound of Single Ladies. He is perfecting the moves- it is amazing... No video clips, however, as I am still at a loss for my camera battery charger and can no longer take video....

After the Moms decided that we could no longer handle the swingin' hips of Beyonce and her 2 sidekicks, we looked for some other clips to amuse Harris with. We thought that kid friendly tunes such as "The Wheels on the Bus" and the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" would be winners. We were right, and after we had listened to 7 different versions of "Wheels on the Bus", some snappy, some, well, not so much... we found a new, and exciting outlet to dance and sing to.

BEHOLD!



And this one deserves a VERY HONORABLE MENTION!

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to bookmark this one. Lincoln's favorite song is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star- he starts frantically signing "more" as we near the end every time we sing it- even if it's the 10th time in a row. Both my boys have gotten a huge kick out of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UE3CNu_rtY and I must say I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin- I watched the video and LOVED IT! Go check it out everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get that camera battery replaced asap.lol I want to see the kiddo snap those fingers and shake those hips.

    TV isn't bad. It just like everything else,it's all in how you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, theo just started dancing watching the punjabi twinkle-twinkle then started crying when it was over!!!
    clearly we let him watch too much tv and look on the laptop far too much. oops

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAAA! *snort* Evan will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shoutout on OyBaby! It's a labor of love for my wife and I, and we're glad our products are a hit with your family.

    Rob Wolf
    OyBaby LLC
    http://www.oybaby.com

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin