Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Made My Day

When I was pregnant with Harris, I ran out and purchased maternity underware from Walmart. (I was amazed to discover that no one besides Walmart and Maternity stores sold maternity underware!) In an effort to preserve my own piece of mind, I purchased the undies in bikini style, as opposed to breifs. They were cheap. Like, Big yellow smiley faced-Walmart cheap. They were awesom for a few weeks. After they had been worn and washed a few times, however, their cheapness really showed. The elastic went to hell, and the cotton was all faded and saggy. I didn't want to go buy even more undies, however, at the maternity store, since I knew I would only wear them for a few more weeks. After I gave birth to Harris, and went back to wearing normal underwear, I was faced with the decision- to toss or not to toss... I decided that the panties were small enough that they did not take up too much real estate in the maternity-clothes-to-be-worn-again-if-I-can-get-pregnant-again-box. So, I kept them. When I became pregnant with Stella, I was greatful that I had kept the undies. Did they look pretty? Hell no. Did they fall off my ass every time a so much as leaned over? Absolutley. But I was determined to make it through this pregnancy without buying any new maternity stuff. I figured, as soon as she is born I will burn them (after removing the plastic elastic stuff of course, that would be bad for the environment!).

Mother nature had other things in mind for me, however. I guess that she decided that since both of my labors were quick and easy, She would bless me with extra belly fat (even though I gained less weight with Stella). Alas, I have to admit, I am still wearing my maternity stretchies. I mean, panties.

Ok, so why the hell am I going on and on about my maternity skivvies? Because I felt that I had to explain why they were in my clean laundry basket- the clean laundry basket that Harris raided. The raid that let to the "great Cross-Dress of 2010".


The cross-dress that led to impersonation of a high school wrestler.
This is Harris when I said to him- "show me your muscles Harris!"


And then he ran away... LOOK AT THAT TUSH! HA!
He is totally going to disown me if he ever finds out about this post...




18 comments:

  1. Great post! Maternity panties suck and only Harris could wear them with style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa! and you thought the photo I took of my Dad was cruel? I didn't post it on the internet! Did he really put the panties on in that way all by himself with no help from Ima? I see lots of therapy in the future..... Just kidding, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my freaking gosh. This was JUST the laugh I needed to get me through the TWW!!! Seriously....I died!!! The child cracks me up!! Oh, and he will totally kill you if he EVER finds out you let the world see this.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture and explanation totally made my morning! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious! You should have put your bra on his head to look like the ear guards the Greco wrestlers wear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahahaha... oh my goodness, i can't stop laughing at how hilarious he looks running away in them! how funny that he even figured out a way to wear them-- clever boy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does this mean he's left his commando phase? hahaha.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore this post! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. anytime i'm feeling down, i'm just going to look up this post. it had me laughing so hard i was snorting:) too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is now my favorite picture of him! I guess that means he will disown me also :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is seriously hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ok WTF!!! you just made m spit up my water allover my key broad lmaooooo
    I LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so funny and its even funnier that every other picture of him that I've seen has been commando. Guess he's been holding out for the maternity undies!

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin