Thursday, December 3, 2009

Denied

Last night, the acupuncture seemed to really help. I had decent contractions all evening. I knew that the big test was going to be whether or not they continued through the night. Much to my amazed and pleasant surprise, I actually had trouble sleeping becuase I was having some very uncomfortable, and what seemed like consistant contractions. I would toss and turn, with my low back aching during each contraction, and eventually fall asleep, just to be awakened by another persistant grouping of contractions. For the first time, I thought to myself  "I think we might have a baby tomorrow".

It was my morning to wake up early with Harris, and he was bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6:45am. I reluctantly rolled out of bed and very quickly realized that my achy back was gone. As were my contractions.

Man oh man- you have GOT to be shitting me!

So here I sit, jaded and exhausted after enduring an all night marathon of contractions, with nothing to show for it! No broken water, no bloody show, and obviously, NO BABY! I am pissed.

I have tried the birth ball and more nipple stimulation this am with no luck. Maybe 1 or 2 Braxton Hicks contractions. And to Sandy, my adorably inquisitive cousin (whom Harris shares a birthday)- thanks for the phone call last night- the nipple stimm obviously didn't do the trick, and I had to stop after 10 minutes because my nippers are too sensitive right now for that nonsense...

Go ahead friends, pity me, the poor, 5 days overdue, with no end in sight pregnant lady. *Sigh*

*ETA* Oh yeh, and to add insult to injury, I got a parking ticket last night while I was parked outside the midwife's office! For Pete's sake!

9 comments:

  1. awh! i'm sorry!!! that babe has to come out soon. i know how freaking hard the wait is girl. *try* to enjoy the last moments of your pregnancy if at all possible.

    ps. what about a little wine?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of pity here for you love. Hoping for a swift start soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear that you still havent had baby yet... have you tried eggplant? its a great labor inducer... i have a great recipe thats worked for a few friends i know, let me know and i'll send it to ya :) Best of luck~

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man. You must be so exhasusted!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh......come out,come out, where ever you are:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow... best of luck! I thought today may be the day! Maybe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't BELIEVE you're ready to have this one already. I hope that you get some good rest tonight and then the wee one just slides out easily and with no fuss tomorrow. I'm wishing it for you.

    Tiff's idea isn't a bad one either. If nothing else, maybe it would help you get that good rest tonight.

    Big love from my house to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds so frustrating. I'm sorry. Hope the baby arrives soon and you have a great L&D.

    I was 5 days overdue with Teo, but I was in labour for three of them (hormone imbalance).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you tolerate hot (spicy)foods? I hear that helps sometimes too

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin