Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dirty Hands Make for a Happy Girl

I really wanted to take a picture of my hands for you, but in my haste to get into the shower in anticipation of possibly another membrane sweep tomorrow at the midwife's office, I forgot! Mindi and I worked together tonight to re-grout our kitchen counter tops. The counter tops are nice- granite tile- but the grout job was in pretty poor shape. Originally, Mindi was going to do it all herself, but once I caught the grouting bug (after giving her some pointers), there was no stopping me! It turned out for the best, I think. Since it was my morning to sleep in (and you know I had to take full advantage of it with a new baby coming and all) Mindi scraped out the old grout this morning. After Harris' nap, I got to work taping off the walls and sink. Mindi expertly mixed up the grout (yay, the previous owners left it for us!!! Only $9 for the grout float!), and did the tops of the counter, while I went around and did the bitty edges. I was so thrilled to be working on a home improvement project, but even more thrilled doing a home improvement project with my WIFE! AND Harris was a gem the whole time!! He was so well behaved, and somehow managed to entertain himself the whole time. It was as if the stars aligned for us today!

Mindi and I also managed to hammer out our "Home Improvement Checklist". First things up for December and January are:

new entry door
installation of garage door openers
Main bath remodel (done mostly by us/me/us)
Harris' room remodel

The first 2 things on the list are hire-outs. I do not trust my own skills enough to install an exterior entry door, and I have never installed a garage door opener, and I don't care to learn!

Thanks, everyone for commenting on my 'Deserted' post- there is nothing like a little guilt trip to get people talking lol. *wink*

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the news :) Still checking back OFTEN!!!

    PS. Yay for Harris being such a good boy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos! Very excited for news this week and thinking of you often. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should compare (and collaborate?) on home improvement projects!

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin