Sunday, May 3, 2009

Doppler

Mindi and I have a Hi-Bebe fetal heartbeat monitor. We purchased it back when we were pregnant with Harris. There are many options for dopplers out there, but we purchased this one because it seemed to be the most reasonably priced. I don't really remember when we bought it, but we started using it about 17 weeks(????) If I am not mistaken, you can typically hear your baby's heartbeat around 12 weeks or so. I decided to pull it out last week (at 9 weeks) just for shits and giggles. Much to our non-surprise, we couldn't get a heartbeat, but when I pulled it out this evening, sure enough, there was the sprinkle's heartbeat, beat beat beating away at a quick 170 beats per minute! I managed to find the baby a lot higher than I thought it would be. I was under the impression that the baby was still nestled in the confines of my pelvis, but in reality, s/he is sitting right above my pubes! I was really surprised! I guess it really is true that you get bigger faster with the second kid!

For the lassies out there that have 2 or more, can you tell me some differences that you noticed between your first, and subsequent pregnancies???

4 comments:

  1. hey! we heard the heart beat today at our mw appt. it was amazing:) i don't know the rate though. just heard the chug-a-chug-a. the baby was at the same position as yours. she said my uterus was normal sized for the 10 week mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lynn. Congrats on the pregnancy. I am pregnant again with my second now. I hit the half way point Monday. I noticed so far with this one that I am not gaining weight as quickly as I did last time. So far I have gained a grand total of 15 pounds which is average for this stage of pregnancy. I also noticed that around 15 weeks I was able to start feeling the baby move. (As I am typing this s/he is kicking and moving like crazy.) I also discovered that until the past few days no one else has been able to feel the baby move but me. Then again s/he usually stops moving if anyone puts their hands near my belly.

    I am not sure what else you are looking for but feel free to email me on Facebook and we can chat about the pregnancies. Congrats again.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. One Trimester down!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin