Wednesday, April 8, 2009

red

These first early weeks have been pretty easy for me. Despite 1 major hormonal flareup, my biggest problem is being frickin' tired beyond belief. I remember feeling like this when I was pregnant with Harris- no morning sickness, just the feeling of constant exhaustion. Much to our dismay, yesterday I had some bleeding. Bright, red, scary bleeding. I called my Dr.'s office and told them about it. We had just had our 6 week ultrasound the day before (on Monday) and had seen the sprinkle's little flickering heartbeat. I was mortified. She told me not to pick up Harris. She also suggested I stay off my feet and call into work. I did just that. Then the bleeding stopped. Quite suddenly, actually, almost like a blood blister had popped, and when it was done draining, it was just done. The bleeding lasted for about 3 hours. After calling the Dr.'s office today to let them know that the bleeding had stopped, they asked me to simply keep them informed.

We have another ultrasound scheduled for 8 weeks (which was routine for their office), and so we have to wait until then to make sure the sprink is doing ok. Wish us luck- we are holding our breath over here...

5 comments:

  1. Yikes!!!
    Thinking of you and fingers x that that was the last of that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been so scary! Good to hear that the bleeding stopped. Rest up as much as possible and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the *exact* same thing at 6 1/2 weeks and we were sure that we were losing the pregnancy. I bled a ton and it was quite scary. Before I had gone in and seen the bean and heartbeat.

    I had the bleeding for one full day and there was so much.

    Our RE had us come in the next day after the bleeding had stopped and sure enough...the kiddo was still in there.

    I'm calling it now...it's a girl. They tend to cause drama as soon as they've implanted ;c )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! Fingers and toes crossed for a wonderful ultrasound. It sucks that you have to wait so long but try to relax!

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin