Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Heat is On

So, Mindi, Harris and I all scurried downtown this afternoon for "The Big Egg Transfer". Of course, my bladder had to be full, so, there I was, holding 3 bottles of water, chugging them like a drunkard with a bottle of rum... They also had me take 2 Valium an hour before my appointment. I didn't really get why, but I took it anyway. What a lovely combination- a bursting bladder and a muscle relaxer... nice work people- way to use your brains... luckily, I didn't pee all over my RE, the ultrasound tech, the resident, Mindi, Harris, OR the embryologist, (who were all in one of those tiny exam rooms) so, I would consider the whole experience a success! We got to see our little embryo on the microscope before the transfer- that was pretty neat, and we got to watch the transfer on the ultrasound monitor. It is a pretty incredible feeling to know that, while I may not yet be pregnant (technically) there is a living embryo floating around in my uterus! Besides the embryo that we transferred, I had 12 other embryos that were all considered to be in perfect condition that we opted to cryopreserve. Apparently, the embryology team had a very hard time picking the "best" one for today's transfer because they were all stellar- now THAT is something that we were happy to hear! My pregnancy test/blood draw is set for the 22nd, so we will have to wait until then to see if it took!!!



Here are some snapshots of Harris partaking in the joy of me having to pee so bad it hurts... no, just kidding- but look- they gave us a picture of my uterus with a little arrow pointing to said embryo!!

7 comments:

  1. Hope you see those two lines soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've been out of the loop for a while! Congrats on the embryo transfer, complete with Valium. Sending good nestling-in vibes your way for the 22nd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I hope hope hope for you and your beautiful, growing family.

    I love Valium.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I've been stalking your blog since we were both pregnant on FF. My little boy is a few months younger than Harris.

    Secondly, I don't believe that Harris can get any cuter!! What a handsome boy.

    Finally, congratulations on the healthy embryos. I have a good feeling about this one. I admire your restraint in not going all Octomom or John and Kate Plus Eight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on all the healthy embryos and the transfer! I hope your new little one gets busy settling in right away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How freakin cute is that! What a cool pic to be able to put in the baby album. So, the big questions is, when do you strat testing! I already can't wait!!!!!!!! I need to see pee sticks!!!!

    BTW, I heart valium. . . :)

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin