Friday, January 30, 2009

IVF is on the Books


Our IVF appointment was great- we got a tentative schedule while we were there, and it really helped us see the reality in what we were about to do. The IVF coordinator told us all about the shots, the drugs, the tests, the retrieval procedure, etc. We got a prescription for birth control pills (which is the first step in IVF). Much to my happy surprise, our first official IVF cycle started on January 26th with the arrival of my period. I am currently taking birth control pills, and will start taking my first injectable medication on Valentine's day. Interestingly enough, Mindi, Harris, and I will be in Las Vegas with Mindi's mom and sister D that day. We will all be meeting in Las Vegas to be together on the anniversary of Mindi's Dad's passing on Feb 14, 2007. I am hoping that the trip is positive and upbeat, and that we are all able to focus on the positives!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous news, Lynn! I'm sending you lots of good wishes for TTC #2 -- so sweet that you get to try for #2 already... and what a beautiful little Harris you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that you're already on your way!
    I'm looking forward to hearing about how it goes. Enjoy the Valentine's trip and positive energy.

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin