Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ouchy

Ok, I wanted to post some cute pictures that we took while at Harris' 9 month pediatrician appointment (about 2 weeks ago):

Harris enjoying the fish tank


I am not quite sure what my look is in this picture. As you may be able to tell, I got a haircut. I think it looks super cute in this picture, but my typical "hair days" certainly do not match this picture. I guess I got really lucky... too bad I wasn't smiling....



Stuffed gorillas make everything better:


Here we are discovering that, although we thought he was working on 2 new teeth, in reality, he is working on 4 new teeth, (1 of which has broken through in between the appointment and today, making his current tooth count 5...)



Here is Harris' first finger bandaid. It was super cute. He apparently thought it was quite tasty, and despite our best efforts to make sure it stayed on his finger and out of his mouth, he won again, and I discovered it in his mouth about 30 minutes later...



Yes, that needle was huge:


Mindi did a wonderful job of soothing him after that needle stick. I was horrified when I saw it. I mean, look at that thing! It looked as if it was longer than his arm is thick!


After we got home from the pediatrician's office, I got a phone call from the pediatrician. When I first answered the phone, I thought it was a tad strange to be speaking directly to the pediatrician. He called to inform me that the Hep B shot that my son had received was actually a Hep A shot... Long story short, this particular incorrect immunization will not negatively effect him, but I was, lets say, a tad irked that the nurse had given my nine month old the wrong shot... you would have thought that she would have double checked the notes... So yeh, that HUGE ASS NEEDLE contained the wrong stuff...


On a happier note, here is a cute reminder of Harris' first trip to the pediatrician at 5 days old... what a difference!!!



5 comments:

  1. Oh my, I don't know how I would react to learning that my baby got the wrong shot, but I'm so glad to hear it won't hurt him. The picture of him with the band-aid & his mom is so sweet. When did he get so big?

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable pics of the little man! i gotta tell you, i would be SOO mad if my son was given the wrong shot.....how hard is it for them to double-check???!!!! really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhh i missed the three of you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. K and I wanted to get a sock monkey from you. She loves the ones with the button eyes. Are you planning to make anymore??

    Ps. Forgot to mention how cute I thought your haircut was!

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin