Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Positives and Negatives

I love all the stalkers! You guys are so cute! Sorry I have been MIA. Mindi, Harris, and I took a trip over the July 4th holiday. I tend to not blog extensively about trips we are taking before we leave out of fear that I am making myself vulnerable. Anyways... we flew from Seattle to Miami, then from Miami, to Chicago, back to Seattle. Over the course of 5 days, we spent about 15 hours in the air. I think that Harris "quacked" or "chirped" if you will about 3 times total. And I really do mean, just a "quack"- not even a cry... I was completely amazed. I wore him in the Moby a lot, and I really think that that had a lot to do with it. First, we flew from Seattle to Miami to visit Mindi's mom and sisters. The 2 aunts had not seen Harris since he was 1-7 days old. We visited 2 Great- grandmas while we were there too. Then we flew to Chicago where my parents got to meet Harris for the first time since he was born. We also visited some distant cousins while we were in the neighborhood! It was lots of fun- here are some highlights!

Harris' First plane ride (off to FL!):

Harris meets his Great grandmother:

The Mommies and Harris go swimming:Harris meets his Papa in Chicago:Harris experiences bubbles for the first time- and loves them:Mommy, Harris, and a big brown bear at the Brookfield Zoo:Harris and Ima (Hebrew for Mommy aka Lynn) in front of the house Ima grew up in:


And now, for a little TTC talk... Thanks again to the stalkers for checking in again and again and again... We were scheduled to arrive home on Tuesday. That was also the day that I was thinking I would get my period if we were not pregnant. Well, the menses showed up Monday afternoon... This shot was a no-go. I was not really prepared for my period to show up. So unprepared, as a matter of fact, that we had not packed any "feminine products"... That was fun, you know, doing "the scramble"... Anyways... so I typically take Femera/Letrozole on my CD 3-7 to stimulate follicle maturation. I didn't think about the prescription until we were in the airport, waiting to board our flight home... I ran out of time to call, and ended up not being able to get my prescription on time for this month's cycle. I am bummed. Alas, we will have to wait until the next cycle to try again! At least I have my wonderful family, and 10,000 projects to do around my house!!!


7 comments:

  1. Adorable pictures! Glad he did so well on the plane. Here's to your next TTC cycle:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it didn't work out this time. :( How fun to visit with family, and how lucky that Harris was so good! Noah loves bubbles, too, and we even bought a little battery-operated bubble blower because his daycare has one and he got impatient with our slow, plain ol' bubble blowing!
    Good luck next try, whenever it will be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, who you callin' a stalker? ;) I was so hopeful for you - I'm sorry it didn't happen this month. Awesome pictures though - glad you guys had such a great time. Your boy is mighty cute!! Wishing you lots of luck for the next cycle lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bah! I wasn't prepared for you to see AF either. I'm glad you guys had a good trip - the pictures are great (and I see that you, too, have graduated to a "Mommy Swimsuit.") Here's to August!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, yes Shelly, bring on the Mommy swimsuit for me too- good eye sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miami in July, ugh. Swimming in the ocean is cool, something you really can't do out here.

    Glad that Harris was well behaved on the plane and you all did not get booted off somewhere.

    Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know which stalker number I am. So, I'll take number 8 if it is available.

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin