Sunday, December 2, 2007

Was that something? Let the questions begin!

Today I am 37w3d. Last night I woke up to an uncomfortable contraction, followed shortly after by another uncomfortable contraction... I have been having more frequent Braxton Hicks or "practice" contractions lately, which is totally normal for a persona at my stage in pregnancy. I notice, however, that when I have a contraction at night time, and I am laying down, and if I have to pee, then the contractions are stronger feeling. Not painful, just stronger. But last night, they hurt. 2 in a row. I jumped (yeh, right, wriggled, squirmed, whatever) out of bed to go potty. I found myself thinking, as I sat on the toilet, "should I call the midwife?". Then I must have snapped back to reality because I bonked myself on my forhead with my head, thinking to myself that if I had to ask myself if I should call the midwife, then it ws not time to call. I have full faith and onfidence that I WILL KNOW when I am in labor. I went back to bed without another thought and awoke this morning to the cozy little wiggles of the wee babe in my belly.

4 comments:

  1. ok, now you have me offically nervous! yikes! :) oh and just to be the pest who points out your prego brain, how do you hit yourself on your forehead with your head?! hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started reading that post and thought ...holy crap, it's beginning! ha ha....i think you're suffering from pregnancy brain too - hit yourself on the forehead with your head....i was thinking the same thing as crystal! is the baby moving around a lot now??

    ReplyDelete
  3. the baby is still cruising! I realized after I posted the blog that there was no way to hit myself in the forehead with my head, along with noticing the other silly typos and such, but I figured I would leave it as a reminder of my "dummer days". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. and yes, "dummer" not "dumber"

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin