Tuesday, December 18, 2007

39w 5d and counting- Begin Project: Eject Baby

Ok girls, thanks for your responses on when you went into labor so far- keep up the good work, and stop being chicken! If you haven't responded, please do- it makes me feel warm and fuzzy!

We have officially begun "Project: Eject Baby". Now, I realize that the baby will come when it is good and ready. I know, that short of a C-section, there is no 100% method to getting your baby out before your baby says "hey mom, I am ready"! But, for my own sanity, the sanity of my partner Mindi, and the pure entertainment of all the fantastic visitors to my blog, let the project begin!

What have we been doing so far? Walking. Up until this point, I have just been doing some casual walking (in stores and such) to help bring the baby lower into the pelvis.

And, as you know (per my last post) I tried the "My head is going to explode if my ass doesn't first hot sauce"

Now, we are going to start bringing out the biggER guns. I will keep everyone updated on the new things we try...

Currently working on: The Birth Ball

-Said to aid in bringing the baby lower into the pelvis to help gravity dilate the cervix, as well as help open the "pelvic outlet" to allow the baby to pass through more easily. "Hula Hooping" motions on the ball are said to help open the pelvic outlet as well, and for me personally, they have been bringing on some pretty sweet contractions! (Like right now! Yowsers!)

Next up: The Enema...

I'll let you know how that turns out... teehee

7 comments:

  1. ourbabyblue.wordpress.comDecember 18, 2007 at 2:29 PM

    ohmygoodnessohmygoodnessohmygoodnessohmygoodness! i'm getting so ridiculously giddy about all this! the birth ball sounds like a wondeful idea. i hope all goes well! you are the epitome of what i hope to be at 39w,5d. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhhhh! that enema bottle looks big enough to bottlefeed a cow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. COME ON BABY!!! man oh man!! I keep checking my in'laws computer to see if any word on baby!! OUT OUT OUT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, I just hope it dosent come down to the enema hun, yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know if you necessarily feel "frisky" at this point....but it's worked for my sister-in-laws......

    They also swear by walking. I remember walking in the middle of the night with one of my sis-in-laws! BUT, it WORKED!

    The enema looks a little crazy!
    I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I'm sure you guys cannot wait! Keep up the great work :) I check every morning, and when I get home from work - SOOOO, if something happens and I don't get to say it before all this BEGINS.... GOOD LUCK!! I hope everything goes "easy as pie" - what an awesome thing this is! Thank you so much for sharing this part of your life with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, my wife had a membrane sweep about 5-6 days before going into labor. On a Friday night we had friends over for craft night and one painted my wife's belly with henna. The next morning, we went to run some errands, and around 10am, her water started leaking slowly. We thought it was just some discharge, so we kept shopping. Around 1pm we got home and she was soaking wet. We called the hospital, and they told us to come in by 5pm. They wanted the baby out by 11am the next day. Noah was born at 6:31am Saturday morning. :)
    I hope that sends some baby-ousting vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still predict you will have the baby tomorrow, and start early tomorrow morning. If you don't, I am not checking back here for two weeks, because this is just making me a nervous wreck. R.

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin