Thursday, December 6, 2007

38 weeks

WOW. 38 weeks. I am still pregnant. It is fine. I feel fine. Mindi is SUPER EXCITED- as am I of course, but I realize that if I let myself think about it too much, I start over analyzing everything which makes me scared about the upcoming event. If I don't think about it, I am a cool cucumber. There are no other big changes- the baby hasn't dropped yet, but then again, some babies never "drop". It is pretty cute though, whenever I call my parents or mindi calls her mom, they freak out. I guess it is to be expected- and it is so cute to see. They always think that we are in labor when we call. But alas, no baby yet!

On a different subject- I like the ticker I have above the posts. I think that it is neat to see the different baby sizes etc. I like the colors (very gay) and it is easy to see. When you go to the site, you get to choose whether you want the text to be "Humorous" or "developmental". Most of the tickers that have text are purely developmental, and so, I chose humorous. I didn't realize though, that what they considered "humorous" was so, well, tasteless and/or grotesque... I think that most of it is funny, but some of it is a little harsh... I mean, for example, they had a blurb one week about how "my baby currently has more brain cells than Paris Hilton". Now, I don't feel that Paris Hilton is the brightest flashlight, but I am also not the kind of person that enjoys poking fun at others. I don't know, call it karma if you will. Also, I think the text can be a little grotesque at times... I mean, sheesh- last week it talked about how "mommy feels as though there is a baby up her butt..." up my butt? Very classy... and this week, I apparently have hemorrhoids and diarrhea... wow, I had no idea and am speechless... I don't know, I thought that the "humorous" text would be less nasty and more funny, but I never had enough of an urge to change it because some of the blurbs were funny, and at this point, I only have a few weeks left soooo... yeh.

Please excuse the pregnant ramblings.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry--we won't hold it against you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. chroniclesofconception.wordpress.comDecember 7, 2007 at 12:52 PM

    ha! i have thought that ticker was a little vulgar at times!

    oh man, it's getting CLOSE!!! I love how both sides of your family are so excited every time you call!!! How cute!

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin