Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Gobble Gobble Day!

I really enjoyed my Thanksgiving this year. Last year, Mindi was out of town for Thanksgiving and Hanukkah and the New Year- it was a pretty big bummer! This year, I had my girl, the baby in my belly, and my 3 closest friends over.

I cooked- MAN did I cook! We did our Thanksgiving celebration on Black Friday so that our friends could see their families on Thursday night. It was actually the first thanksgiving that I have cooked for that was for more than just Mindi, myself, and my dad. I spent all week putting together the menu. I was REALLY daring and made only things that I had never tried before. I know, what was I thinking, right? What logical person hosts a holiday dinner and only cooks dishes that they have never tried before? Well, luckily for me, although I like impressing my friends, I also have friends that can appreciate a good attempt, even if it ends up being a flop. Besides, all the recipes I tried had great reviews. I love the Website AllRecipes.com. They have tons of awesome recipes and a neat rating system.

I tried making a Tofu Turkey for the first time ever. I didn't have very high expectations for it, but it turned out pretty well! I had even stuffed it with dressing! (I was very happy with the dressing by the way! It was a spin-off of my mom's recipe.) I think that every one's favorite dish was the Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts Rolls. They were DELICIOUS and SUPER EASY to make! I read the reviews, and realized that I didn't have to make the sauce as they directed. A lot of people made the sauce and put it on the side for dipping or just used a teriyake sauce on the side for dipping. That is what I did, because I wanted to make sure that mindi liked the sauce we were using. Also, instead of using real bacon, I used fake bacon strips by Morning Star Farms. (4 out of 5 people there were vegetarians). I had my guests bring desserts and they were fantastic! Overall, it was a great time, and my first successful Thanksgiving hosting experience- and hopefully not the last!

P.S. Thanks to my friends for helping with the last minute cooking!!!

1 comment:

  1. your so cute! It was beautiful and the food was awesome! (as were the leftovers for my lunch and dinner on saturday!!) :)

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin