Thursday, October 25, 2007

Holy B-B-Baby!

Ahhhhh- we are at 32 weeks today... only 56 days to go until our Estimated Due Date! Yes, 8 weeks, or 10, OR 5! Yeh, that last number is a freaky one. In 5 weeks, we will be at 37 weeks, which is technically considered full term- and if my body, and this baby decide that they don't want to wait anymore, then this kid COULD be here! Realistically, they say that first time moms usually go to at least 40 weeks, if not a few days past their Due Date. That would be ok with me. Of course, ask me if it is still ok when I am at 38 weeks and I am so swollen and tired and have so much back pain that a morphine drip couldn't cure- and I might be singing a different tune...

Ok, Lynn, stop freaking yourself out... After all, I feel like we are pretty well prepared. Actually, no, lol now that I think about it, we are not prepared... The nursery is decorated, and the crib is set up BUT the baby won't be sleeping in the crib for the first 2 or 3 months, (s/he will be in a bassinet by our bed)so, the fact that we have our crib set up really doesn't mean squat. Not to mention the fact that if we were going to put the kid in the crib (for naps and such) we don't even have crib sheets... hmmmm- sheets would help... We don't have our carseat or stroller or changing table pad, or cover... no bottles (well, 2 or 3 misc ones that came in the mail for free or came in the diaper cake).... ok, I am starting to freak myself out... We have enough newborn diapers to last us a few days heh....heh...

Ok, ok, ok. Lynn! SNAP OUT OF IT!!! Now, I feel so ill-prepared! Typically, I am a planner. If I know that something is coming, I am usually totally ready for it. There is a tiny little snag in this plan though... we are Jewish, and "technically" we are not supposed to buy anything for the baby before the baby is actually born- it is kind of considered "bad luck" if you will. But then, how is one supposed to be prepared? I need to buy a darn carseat!

Maybe Bad Luck will pass me by if I keep the receipts... yeeeeh... I'll keep all the receipts!!!

Here is my burgeoning 32 week belly- eat your heart out baby!

4 comments:

  1. MAN that's getting close! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're Jewish too, but not too worried about buying things before the baby arrives. We have relatives (my mom and cousin specifically) that refuse to buy anything, so we're respecting that. I guess in a long ago time when everyone had close family nearby and could borrow all they needed, it made sense to not buy things ahead of time. But if we waited, we'd be scrambling!
    How exciting to reach 32 weeks! That was a big milestone for us because my wife was born at 32 weeks. Thankfully, she's still going strong at 38 weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, your belly is getting so cute and round - I love it! I don't think my belly ever got that big! :)

    Don't worry about not getting everything done. Honestly, it will all happen in time. We were setting up our co-sleeper at midnight an hour after my water broke. PLENTY OF TIME. You will make it work.

    And not to scare you, but my mama friend (first time mama) had her baby at 37 weeks on the dot. And I was 39w4d!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (de-lurking)

    I've been reading your blog for a while and I finally have to tell you how proud I am of you! My partner and I resemble you two in many ways. We will start TTC in the spring and I can't tell you enough how much your story has encouraged me. You have held this pregnancy with such grace and honesty. 32 weeks! You look beautiful. Don't stress over the small stuff - you are ready for this.

    Sending many thoughts of health and happiness your way.

    oxox, Sarah (hopefully an expecting blogger too someday!)

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin