Sunday, September 9, 2007

Two Week Notice

Well, I did it, I put in my 2 week notice at work. I am excited, relieved, and bummed all at the same time. On one hand, I will be happy to not have to serve other people while I am tired and always wanting to eat and pee. Not being on my feet for 6-8 hours at a time is a plus too. I am a little bummed about it though, simply because I really like the people I work with, and having a job outside of the house helps me keep my sanity, not to mention, gives me exercise. So, my "official" last day falls the day before our last romantic vacation as a couple. I am really looking forward to the trip. I am thinking that I would like to go back to work there when the wee babe is a few months old at least- even if it is just an excuse to get out of the house, and for a little extra slush fund money.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like congratulations are in order! I'm sure you will miss it, but seriously, enjoy this time you'll have now - much less time being on your feet....and much more time to listen to your body and what it needs in the following weeks.....more "you time" - have fun girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a romantic trip! That will be so nice. We took a vacation in August, and have tried to enjoy sleeping in on weekends. Basically, we're doing everything we can to appreciate each other before the boy arrives.
    And congrats on leaving the job. It sounds like you'll miss it, but I agree with the person above, you will be happy to be off your feet!

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin