Thursday, July 19, 2007

18 Weeks

We are at 18 weeks today- Only 6 more days until our Level II ultrasound! From what I think I understand, it is the longest ultrasound- they measure all the baby's 2000 parts etc etc. This is also the ultrasound that most people are able to find out the sex of the baby. Unfortunately for my readers, obsessed coworkers, and Mindi, we are going to keep the sex a surprise until they are born in December. Some people have been asking me how I can bear to NOT know. Am I curious? Sure. But I feel that nothing is ever a surprise anymore, and I really like surprises. Why don't i just have the technician tell Mindi? Because there is NO WAY that Mindi will be able to keep her mouth shut about it for 21 more weeks. She would just blurt it out on accident, so we figure that the only way to prevent a slip-up is to not know :).

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed! My wife wanted to know and I didn't, and we agreed that there was no way she could keep the sex a secret until the end. So we found out. I'm mostly glad we did because we were convinced it was a girl and that would have been a big shock. My relatives all seemed to wait until their kids were born to find out and they gave us a bunch of crap about it before the u/s. You can't win when it comes to the u/s question: everyone thinks they know the right answer. :)
    And yup, the u/s lasted longer than I expected. Our sonographer looked at the baby for a good half hour.

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin