Sunday, May 13, 2007

Cats and Toilets


Most everyone knows that the average indoor cat uses a litterbox. Most people do not know, however, that you can successfully train your cat to go potty in the toilet. I successfully (and singlehandedly) trained our first cat Tuna to use the toilet. Sometimes, I would have to deal with "accidents" but we managed to get past it and trained successfully. Our second cat, Agnes, was too young to train when we first got her, and so we had to revert to a litterbox again. Tuna still pees in the toilet sometimes, but enjoys playing in the sandbox too. So, now that I am pregnant, Mindi is in charge of cat litter duties. We are in the process of trying to train Agnes to use the potty, and things are a little tricky... I keep telling Mindi that she needs positive reinforcement when she does use the potty, and not so much negativity when she doesn't. Unfortunately, Mindi does not quite have the patience to sit there and "hold Agnes's hand" while she is doing her business like I did with Tuna. And because I am not allowed to be near any cat while they are "voiding" I can not help mindi through this "challenging time". I am sure that everyone is incredibly intrigued by this (...) and I will be sure to keep you all updated...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin