Monday, April 16, 2007

Non-Pregnancy taken for granted #1


The cat litter box. Now, I realize that the cat litter box is typically not a chore that one holds near and dear to their heart. It is a smelly job, no matter how much Arm & Hammer you put in there, but someone has to do it. Now, I have never disliked being the pooper scooper. I found the chore to be somewhat relaxing and it had a certain sensation of instant gratification. I mean, you could scrub your kitchen all day and it may still look dirty, but a few scoops with the pooper wand and voila!


So, as some of you might know, a pregnant woman is not supposed to scoop the cat litter because of a certain bacteria in cat poop. Now, when we got cats, my girl's only requirement was that she would never have to scoop the poop, which tells you a little bit of her opinion on the job. Well, the second we found out I was pregnant, the first thing she did upon finding out was run to the catbox and clean it out. Now, the real reason that I am finding myself missing this chore is not really because of the chore at all. It is because I am not even allowed in the litter room, which happens to be where the washer and dryer are, the drying wrack, the iron and board... you know, all the stuff that a good pregnant housewife needs to survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin